PLF Meeting: The Future of Mass Tort Claims
Friday 6 February 2009 16:00 to 18:30
The topics will be covered by a selection of US and European speakers, including:
- Donald F. Zimmer, Jr, King & Spalding
- Professor Ina Ebert, Munich Re
- Rod Freeman and Marion Palmer, Lovells
With comments from:
- Marcus Pilgerstorfer, Old Square Chambers
- Duncan Fairgrieve, British Institute of International and Comparative Law, 1 Crown Office Row
What does the future hold for collective redress and damages claims? Where will mass tort claims be in 2020 or 2050?
This seminar will try to provide some answers to these intriguing questions by looking at the circumstances that will give rise to mass litigation in the future.
Topics to be discussed include:
- Climate change litigation
- Next waves of litigation heralding from the US
- Nanotechnology and Product Liability
- Genetically-engineered food litigation
This is an invitation only event and will be followed by a dinner at the Athenaeum Club.